Thursday, April 1, 2010

I love geeks! on IRC

Happy April Fools! I shared a link I got in #amarok, with the #linuxchix channel, and got the most fun command suggestions! All commands are in italic., interspersed with a few comments which might help you make sense of them. Add more commands in comments! Click http://xkcd.com and try date
apt-get moo (add "-v", "-vv" and even more "v")
man cat
find kitten (a game)
man next
man last
vim
nano
ed
bash
top
echo
pwd
make me a sandwich
rm
mkdir
more
wget
xyzzy*
curl
(as an alias of wget)
who
whoami
su
sudo

*chf: "xyzzy" is the magic word of a text adventure game. Used in the right place as a command, it does something, everywhere else it outputs "nothing happens."
kill
cat
ping

joh6nn: if you type "display" for today's, type next
more
maria: apparently it likes finger, but I feel strangely cheated that it doesn't know what touch is
sudo reboot
xkcd
sudo make me a sandwich
cheat
locate
look
go west

thykier: mmm, it responds to CTRL + L (although it is a little weird to trigger CTRL in the terminal)
thykier: you can actually play that game
thykier: nice song though (and stay clear of "south")
maria: thykier: it's easy to go south if you know how to avoid the obvious :)
go
go down
asl
ssh
light lamp
goto

3 comments:

  1. hehe, I saw this yesterday but it didn't occur to me to try anything beyond next/prev etc

    The only downside is that it lacks sl support :-( (http://debaday.livejournal.com/22802.html)

    ReplyDelete